ALGERIANS IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND
The information on this page relates only to Algerians in Australia and New Zealand. Algerians in other countries please contact your local Embassy or Consulate.
The Algerian Embassy in Canberra provides consular services for Algerian residents living and travelling in Australia and New Zealand. All Algerian nationals are encouraged to register with the embassy, whether they are students, permanent residents or dual citizens. For further information contact the embassy.
The Algerian Embassy is committed to assisting Algerian nationals in Australia and New Zealand to the best of their ability.
For your information, consular services available from Monday to Friday from 09.00 am till 04.00 pm.
Closed on Saturday, Sunday, Australian and Algerian.
Why do I need to register?
- To obtain a consulate registration card.
- To be eligible to obtain or renew an Algerian passport.
- To register births, deaths and marriages.
- To renew your National Identity Card.
- To be eligible to enrol to vote in Algerian elections.
- To ensure ease of contact in an emergency.
- To determine eligibility for, or exemption from National Service.
- To obtain exemption from customs duty and external commerce formalities for repatriating citizens.