NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD
Algerian citizens wishing to apply for a National Identity Card must be registered at the Algerian Embassy in Canberra.
National Identity Card
The documents required for applying for a new National Identity Card:
- The expired National Identity Card;
- Copy of the valid applicant’s consular registration card;
- The application form and annex form, duly filled in and signed by the applicant;
- Proof of address (any copy of the last utility bill);
- Three (3) similar recent passport-sized photographs (3,5 x 4,5 cm);
- Two (2) prepaid Registered Post envelopes for the return of the documents.
- National Identity Card is valid for 10 years from the date of issue.
Lost, stolen or damaged National Identity Card
If a National Identity Card is lost, stolen or damaged, you must report it immediately to the Algerian Embassy, where you can apply for a new one.
The replacement National Identity Card is issued after cancellation of the lost, stolen or damaged one.
In addition to the documents listed above, please provide:
- Letter explaining in detail how the National Identity Card has been lost, stolen or damaged;
- The lost document declaration form duly filled in and signed by the applicant;
- Payment of the stamp fees ($1 AUD).